About Me

I’m Nedurana Arachchilage Sanath Dharmasiri Karandana of 45 yrs of age from Ratnapura. I’ am married with 02 children. I went to Vidyartha College, Kandy. I studied Social Science at the Open University of Sri Lanka and graduated in 2013. I joined the government service as a Management Assistant in the year 1993. My first appointment was made to the Department of Agrarian Services in Colombo and I worked there from 1993 to 1999. In the year 2000, I have been transferred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and worked there until 2018. During that period, I worked in 03 Sri Lankan Diplomatic Missions abroad namely, Russia, Pakistan & Korea. I currently work in the Department of Inland Revenue as a Management Service Officer.

I hold Diplomas in Journalism & International Relations, Proficiency Certificate in English and am currently following Post Graduate Diplomas in English & International Relations. My hobbies are reading, watching movies, listening to music, social media activities including socio-economic-political analyses.




My Hobbies

Hobbies are something that give pleasure to us during our journey of life. It is kind of a life support that keep our lives alive. During my free time I read books, listen to music, watch movies, social networking etc. Different books provide me different perspectives of life and cause an attitudinal change in me. Books act as cultural Ambassadors which carry the message of humanity, love, kindness and widen our understanding of the life & world. For me, a book is like a good companion who teaches the good & bad, eliminate loneliness,  strengthens the mind.

Music is a universal language which has no barriers to understand its underlying meaning. I'm open to all kind of music genres around the world which has the power to touch our inner feelings. Music is a divine medicine that brings comfort and relief to my tired life. 

I mostly watch classical movies which contributes to a deeper understanding of life. Cinema expanded the horizons of my life as a medium of expression through images rather than words. As I regularly watch the works of world-renowned filmmakers, I can absorb its universal quality and gain somewhat technical knowledge of the various cinematic narratives of the world.

Social media is a web space with everything you need and don't need. It has become a challenging task to pick only the good from it. Social networking has greatly helped me to express my free ideas, engage in meaningful conversations, as a citizen, be sensitive to the various issues that exist in the society of the country, and gain political awareness.

Comments